Wednesday, January 4, 2012

My Life's Mission




 I have one life, which will last only a limited number of years. The number of years and days that I have, I do not know, but I do know that during that time I have a  mission that I try to fulfill. Today, I chose to live my life to fulfill that purpose to the best of my ability. 

My mission in this life is to live my life in love.  My goal is to show love to my family in a way that when I die, there will be no doubt of my feelings toward them because I will have shouted my love for them through my actions and my words.  I choose to share that love with my friends.  I will do this by treating them the way I would like to be treated, regardless of how they choose to treat me.  I will do this by respecting their beliefs, views, and actions, even when I do not agree with them.  I will do this by investing my time and energy in them by trying to help and encourage whenever this is possible.  I choose to view everyone that I come in contact with as either friends or family.  This means that I will choose to show love and grace to each person, whether or not I feel they are worthy of that love and respect.  After all, that is how God has chosen to act toward me. 

Do I think that I will live up to this mission statement?  Of course not, because I am human.  I am selfish, and I am not perfect.  My hope is that by making this statement that I will somehow become more aware of my attitudes and behavior and that I will in return become a more loving and compassionate person. 

In my life, I have been shown much love.  And where much has been given, much is required.  I look forward to trying to accomplish my goal, even though I am doomed to fail because of my humanity.  This is my goal and the mission statement for my life. 

No comments: